July 20, 2010 Leave a comment
June 28, 2010 1 Comment
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez accused US forces Friday of making nefarious moves in places like Iran and North Korea as the World Cup captures the attention of fans around the globe. Read more of this post
May 17, 2010 Leave a comment
Mainstream news are now reporting a massive environmental disaster in the Gulf of Mexico than previously perceived. Read more of this post
May 11, 2010 2 Comments
Reports about the massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill have been largely underestimated, according to commentators, including Paul Noel, a Software Engineer for the U.S. Army at Redstone Arsenal in Alabama. Read more of this post
May 6, 2010 2 Comments
Despite today’s success in plugging one hole, a pipe damaged by the sinking of BP’s Deepwater Horizon rig two weeks ago continues to leak 760,000 litres of oil daily into the Gulf of Mexico from two breaches. Read more of this post
December 29, 2009 Leave a comment
Mordechai Vanunu, who served 18 years in prison after he revealed Israel’s secret nuclear programme, has been placed under house arrest pending criminal charges for allegedly breaching the terms of his 2004 release, which includes a ban on contacts with foreigners.
A police spokesman, Micky Rosenfeld, said Vanunu was accused of meeting with “a number of foreigners”. The spokesman, however, did not specify who the foreigners were or where they came from. Read more of this post
October 23, 2009 Leave a comment
The United States would find it difficult not to join an Israeli air strike in the event that Jerusalem decides to strike Iran’s nuclear facilities, a former top-ranking U.S. Air Force officer told participants at a conference this weekend organized by a Washington think tank.
Charles F. Wald, former deputy commander of United States European Command, said a military strike on Iran could set back the Islamic Republic’s alleged nuclear weapons program by several years, but cautioned, “I don’t think Israel can do it alone.”
The former commander’s remarks were made at an annual gathering of financial backers of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, who were joined by diplomats, journalists and analysts. Read more of this post
October 15, 2009 Leave a comment
The Pentagon is speeding up delivery of a colossal bomb designed to destroy hidden weapons bunkers buried underground and shielded by 10,000lb of reinforced concrete.
The 15-ton “massive ordnance penetrator” (MOP) will be the largest non-nuclear bomb in the US arsenal, ten times more powerful than the weapon it replaces. The Pentagon has awarded a $52 million (£33m) contract to speed up placement of the bomb aboard the B-2 Stealth bomber, and officials say the bomb could be fielded as soon as next summer. Read more of this post
March 20, 2009 Leave a comment
As Israeli talks of war on Iran gain momentum, Israel’s military Chief of Staff says the army must prepare for a military aggression.
In a meeting with top US diplomats on Monday, Lt. Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi said Israel could not live with a nuclear Iran and that an Israeli military strike was a “serious” option in retarding the country’s progress.
Ashkenazi — whose request to meet with President Barack Obama and his American counterpart Admiral Mike Mullen was turned down — made the remarks in a meeting with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her designated US envoy to the Persian Gulf, Dennis Ross. The Israeli general and the American hosts discussed the Iranian issue shortly after reports revealed that the Israeli Prime Minister-designate Benjamin Netanyahu plans a “major military confrontation” in the next few months.
Israel, believed by many to be the sole possessor of a nuclear arsenal in the Middle East, says Iran and its nuclear program pose an “existential threat” to Tel Aviv. Under the claim, Israeli officials in the military and the government regularly threaten to launch aerial strikes against Iranian nuclear infrastructure. Tehran is a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and, according to the UN nuclear watchdog, has not opted to violate the treaty.
Iran says the only objective of its program is to make use of the civilian applications of the nuclear technology. The US, Israel and their European allies – Britain, France and Germany –, accuse the country of having military intentions in its pursuit.
Ashkenazi added that any final decision on Iran would be made by the government. He, however, said that he had been tasked with drawing up contingency plans since a military operation was a ‘concrete possibility’.
September 17, 2008 Leave a comment
Gonzales boy wuh ya gone an’ do
Last month St.Vincent & the Grenadines established diplomatic ties with Iran. This happen during a visit summit visit of the Nonaligned Movement over there. What is this Nonaligned Movement?
The Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) is an international organization of states considering themselves not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc. It was founded in April 1955; as of 2007, it has 118 members. The purpose of the organization as stated in the Havana Declaration of 1979 is to ensure “the national independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of non-aligned countries” in their “struggle against imperialism, colonialism, neo-colonialism, racism, Zionism, and all forms of foreign aggression, occupation, domination, interference or hegemony as well as against great power and bloc politics.” They represent nearly two-thirds of the United Nations’s members and comprise 55 percent of the world population, particularly countries considered to be developing or part of the third world’. Source – Wikipedia
Quite a mouthful. Even those St. Vincent has the right to establish ties with whomever it wish to, what could cause Gonzales to engage in such an act at a time when the West continue to accuse Iran of developing nuclear weapons with a possible bombing of Tehran.
No wonder Mary Ourisman [US ambassador of Barbados & Eastern Caribbean] expressed concern. What the hell was he thinking!
Gonzales response, “My assessment is that Iran wants to come in from the cold,” Gonsalves said late Monday [15th] at a news conference. “Iran wants to be engaged internationally, and it is the duty of countries to engage others.”
I like how the Opposition Leader put it, ”These international agencies also have political agendas.“ Well said!
If US and Iran goes to war will St.Vincent break diplomatics tie with Iran? If it is the aggressor? Or maintain ties if US is the aggressor? Does St.Vincent wish to risk becoming an enemy state in the world of international politics?
August 30, 2008 Leave a comment
Translation: Attack On Iran Expect[ed Soon]
The biggest Newspaper in the Netherlands today devotes its front page to news that the Dutch intelligence agency has helped the CIA prepare for an air attack on Iran which it now believes is imminent.
AVID, Holland’s military intelligence service, has pulled back from operations it was carrying out inside Iran as it believes an American led attack will go ahead within weeks according to De Telegraaf’s sources.
The headline reads:
“AIVD is calling back spy because of US plans
ATTACK ON IRAN IMMINENT”
De Telegraaf reports that the decision has already been made by the U.S.
to attack Iran using unmanned aircraft. Potential targets are said to be nuclear facilities and military installations. The latter have been mapped by the CIA with the help of the Dutch secret service.
A portion of the article reads:
Good sources have declared to the Telegraaf that the AIVD has been operating in Iran for the last few years with the purpose of the infiltration and sabotage of the weapons industry of the Iranian republic.
The operations are said to have been “very successful” but have recently been put to a halt because of american plans for an air attack. Information regarding the AIVD operation has been shared with the CIA in recent years according to the sources.
Iran is probably working towards an atomic bomb and refuses to comply to western demands to stop enriching uranium. In june Israeli vice president Shaul Mofaz made the statement that an Israeli attack is inevitable if Iran continues its quest for atomic weapons.
Holland is a staunch ally of the U.S. government in the “war on terror”. Dutch troops have served on the front lines in both the Afghanistan and Iraq wars.
The full article is online here.
Source – Infowars
A roughly translated version can also be found here.
August 30, 2008 Leave a comment
In an interview with CNN, Russia’s Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has stated that the Georgian-South Ossetian conflict may have been manufactured by the White House for domestic political reasons. Putin also says that preliminary reports show U.S. citizens may have been present in the combat zone.
“We have serious reason to believe that American citizens were right at the heart of the military action. This would have implications for American domestic policy.” Putin told CNN.
“If this is confirmed, then it raises the suspicion that someone in the US specially created this conflict to worsen the situation and create an advantage in the competitive struggle for one of the candidates for the post of president of the United States.” he continued.
“They needed a short, victorious war.”
“And if it didn’t work out, they could always put the blame on us, make us look like the enemy and against the background of this surge of patriotism, once more rally the country around a particular political force.” Putin explained.
In addition to the remarks broadcast by Russia Today, Putin charged that Americans on the ground in Georgia were “implementing orders” from their “leader” during the conflict.
“The fact is that US citizens were indeed in the area in conflict during the hostilities. It should be admitted that they would do so only following direct orders from their leaders,” Putin said.
“Therefore, they were acting in implementing those orders, doing as they were ordered, and the only one who can give such orders is their leader,” he added.
The comments come in the wake of news that a U.S. passport was found in a building in South Ossetia occupied by Georgian troops.
Watch Video below
August 27, 2008 2 Comments
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has said Russia will have to respond militarily to the deployment of elements of a U.S. missile shield in Central Europe.
The deal to place 10 interceptor missiles in Poland was reached in mid-August, and followed the signing of an agreement on July 8 by the U.S. and Czech foreign ministries to place a U.S. radar in the Czech Republic.
“These missiles are close to our borders and constitute a threat to us,” Medvedev said in an interview with Al-Jazeera television on Tuesday. “This will create additional tension and we will have to respond to it in some way, naturally using military means.”
The Russian president said that offering NATO membership to Georgia and Ukraine, two former Soviet republics, would only aggravate the situation. He added that the Ukrainian people should be asked their opinion in national referendum. Opinion polls have consistently shown that a majority of Ukrainians are against their country joining the military alliance.
Moscow has consistently expressed its opposition to the U.S. missile shield, saying it threatens its national security. The U.S. claims the shield is designed to thwart missile attacks by what it calls “rogue states,” including Iran.
Medvedev’s statement came on the same day that Russia recognized the Georgian breakaway republics of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. The move came two weeks after Moscow concluded its operation to “force Georgia to peace” following an attack by Georgian troops on South Ossetia on August.
Western political leaders have condemned Russia’s decision leading to fears of a renewed Cold War. U.S. President George Bush said in a statement on Tuesday: “Russia’s action only exacerbates tensions and complicates diplomatic negotiations.”
“We are not afraid of anything, including the prospect of a new Cold War, but we don’t want one, and in this situation everything depends on the position of our partners,” Medvedev told the Russia Today international news channel on Tuesday.
Source – RIA Novosti
August 21, 2008 Leave a comment
US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice and her Polish counterpart have signed a deal to build a missile defence base in Poland.
The agreement prompted an infuriated Russia to warn of a possible attack against the former Soviet satellite.
Rice dismissed comments from Russian leaders, who say Warsaw’s hosting of 10 US interceptor missiles just 186km from Russia’s westernmost frontier opens the country up to attack.
Such comments “border on the bizarre, frankly,” Rice said, speaking to reporters in Warsaw.
“When you threaten Poland, you perhaps forget that it is not 1988,” she said. “It’s 2008 and the United States has a… firm treaty guarantee to defend Poland’s territory as if it was the territory of the United States. So it’s probably not wise to throw these threats around.”
The deal has strained relations between Moscow and the West, ties already troubled by Russia’s invasion of its former Soviet neighbour, US ally Georgia, earlier this month.
“The Russians are losing their credibility,” said Rice.
Rice and Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski signed the deal yesterday morning.
“It is an agreement which will help us to respond to the threats of the 21st century,” she said afterwards.
Polish prime minister Donald Tusk said the agreement came after tough but friendly negotiations.
“We have achieved our main goals, which means that our country and the United States will be more secure,” he said.
After Warsaw and Washington announced agreement on the deal last week, top Russian general Anatoly Nogovitsyn warned that Poland is risking attack, and possibly a nuclear one, by deploying the missile defence system, Russia’s Interfax news agency reported. Poles have been shaken by the threats, but Nato secretary general Jaap de Hoop dismissed them on Tuesday as “pathetic rhetoric”.
“It is unhelpful and it leads nowhere,” he said at a Nato meeting in Brussels, Belgium.
Many Poles consider the agreement a form of protection at a time when Russia’s invasion of Georgia has generated alarm throughout Eastern Europe. Poland is a member of the European Union and Nato, and the deal is expected to deepen its military partnership with Washington. Polish president Lech Kaczynski also expressed “great satisfaction” at the outcome of the long months of negotiations.
Poland and the US spent a year and a half negotiating, and talks recently had snagged on Poland’s demands that the US bolster Polish security with Patriot missiles, in exchange for hosting the missile defence base. Washington agreed to do so last week, as Poland invoked the Georgia conflict to strengthen its case. The missiles are meant to protect Poland from short-range missiles from neighbours — such as Russia.
The US already has reached an agreement with the government in Prague to place the second component of the missile defence shield — a radar tracking system — in the Czech Republic, Poland’s southwestern neighbour and another former communist country. Approval is still needed by the Czech and Polish parliaments.
No date has been set for the Polish parliament to consider the agreement, but it should face no difficulties in Warsaw, where it enjoys the support of the largest opposition party as well as the government.
Source – Irish examiner
July 7, 2008 Leave a comment
The recent spate of leaks and reports from Washington about whether Israel will, or should, take military action against Iran, and what that would mean for the US, is a reflection of deep divisions on the matter inside the Bush administration, Israeli diplomatic and defense officials said Sunday.
The officials said that the two sides of the argument, the “hawkish camp,” led by US Vice President Dick Cheney, and the “dovish camp,” led by Defense Secretary Robert Gates, are leaking assessments about Israeli intent to further their own agendas, and in this regard using Israel as a “pawn” in their own political battles.
For instance, one official said, the recent remarks made by US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Michael Mullen to the effect that an attack on Iran and a “third front” would be bad for US interests were aimed not merely at deterring Israel from action, but also at “handcuffing” those inside the administration who are supportive of military action.
One Israeli diplomatic official said that as the debate rages in Washington, it was clear that Israel would be unable to take military action without a green light from the US. Read more of this post
June 21, 2008 1 Comment
The United Nations nuclear watchdog has warned that a military strike on Iran to prevent it developing atomic weapons would turn the region into a “fireball”.
Mohamed ElBaradei said unilateral military action, which has not been ruled out by Israel or the US, would push the Islamic republic into a “crash course” of developing nuclear weapons and threatened to resign if an attack took place.
“What I see in Iran today is a current, grave and urgent danger,” said Mr ElBaradei. “If a military strike is carried out against Iran at this time … it would make me unable to continue my work.” Read more of this post
June 21, 2008 1 Comment
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Friday warned against the use of force on Iran, saying there was no proof it was trying to build nuclear weapons.
He made the statement when asked to comment on Transportation Minister Shaul Mofaz’s statement earlier this month that Israel could attack Iran if it does not halt its nuclear program.
“I hope the actual actions would be based on international law,” Lavrov said. “And international law clearly protects Iran’s and anyone else’s territorial integrity.”
Lavrov said Russia had asked both the United States and Israel to provide factual information to back their claims that Iran was working to build atomic weapons. “So far we have seen none, and the same conclusion was made by the International Atomic Energy Agency,” he said.