July 10, 2008 Leave a comment
Awakening from a slumber in time to see Owen Athur speaking I quickly remember that this was Owen time to declare his net worth also. Speaking for an extended period way over the 30 hr time [ probably had a flash back on the Prime Ministrial role] I waited patiently for this eager anticipated news. Mention something about agreeing with ITAL. Had plans. Why was it not implemented?
Okay I am under the weather if I leave anything out I will update later. Here go.
- House at Westmoreland – $683,000
- Gratuity – $384,135.82 [pay as former prime minister]
- 20,000 shares in I.C.B. - $79,000
- 2 life insurance policies - $161,000
- Mortgage - $366,000
- Scotia Bank loan [daughter UWI] – $69,000
- Visa credit card [bal] $23,000
Something about tying up business for father and a car loan re Consolidated Finance. Later.
Okay folks I’m back with you again. Been taken care off by the lovely wife whom I suspect figure the sooner I’m back on my feet the quicker the money can start rolling in again. Wives are smart that way. Especially when it comes to money. I see the Nation have a bit more info on Owen declared assets following Mia big foot move. Yeh it was a big foot alright. Can’t get more Bajan than that! But let face it. It made a mockery of the whole exercise of integrity short of an verification process. Reeling assets off a 4×6 sheet in Parliament insults the intelligence of Bajans. Owen 1.5m net worth also includes but never mentioned in Parliament,
- Savings accounts - 25,146.41
- Terms deposits – 23,767.03
- Current account – 26,360.33
- Current account – 7,950.25
- Term deposit – 86,480.95 [would this include the 75,000 cheque?] and saving bonds valued at $50,000.
Then came the comical part “the Weekend Nation questioned Arthur as to whether or not there were other assets that might not have been declared.” I don’t recall the Nation attributing that question to Mottley.